Sunday, May 14th, 2023
about the Mother’s Day half
The course starts and finishes at Juanita Beach Park. The course is a combination of road and crushed gravel on the Cross Kirkland Corridor Trail with views of Lake Washington for much of the way!
about the Mother’s Day 5K
The 5K starts and finishes at Juanita Beach Park. The course is run on the roads in the neighborhoods surrounding the park.
NO RUNNING ON A DEAD PLANET
There are no higher stakes than being kind to the earth; we care deeply about keeping our planet viable for the next generation. To that end, we organize our events with an eye towards minimizing our impact on the planet. Here are some of the things we do:
- Trees Not Tees: We offer participants the choice of buying and planting a tree instead of a race tee.
- 1% For The Planet: We are a member of 1% For The Planet, which means that we donate 1% of all gross revenue to environmental causes.
- Carbon Neutral Events: We measure and offset 100% of our carbon footprint every year.
- Recycled Shirts: All of the polyester in our tri-blend shirts is recycled!
- Shoe Recycling: Ready to say goodbye to those shoes? Bring them to any of our races and we will recycle them!
- Solar Powered Swag: 1/3rd of our race swag is made using solar power in Anacortes, Washington.
- Zero Waste Station: We sort through our waste at each event to minimize the amount that goes to landfills.
- And more! Read more here.
Committed to Making All Feel Welcome
Orca Running is making a new effort to make sure that everyone feels welcome and safe at our running events and in our community. We added a non-binary registration option in 2022 and in 2023 added a non-binary category for overall awards.
If you have a suggestion or idea for how we can improve our events in this regard, please let us know!
Race day: $59
Race day: $110
Please note that all registrations are non-refundable. Be sure to review our race policies.
Prices do not include processing fees. Online pre-registration closes the day before the race at 8:00pm.
If you’re planning on doing multiple Orca Running races in a year, consider using our Bundle and Save!
Please note the new information on bib pickup below under ‘Packet Pickup’.
Participants under 18 automatically receive a discount of 40% on registration fees.
Participants aged 18-24 automatically receive a discount of 30% on registration fees.
Start + Finish Line
Half Marathon & 5K & Kid’s Race:
Juanita Beach Park, 9703 NE Juanita Drive, Kirkland, WA 98034
Overall awards will be given to the top 3 male, female, and non-binary runners based off of gun time not chip time. So, you should start in the front of the pack for your distance. We also give out age group awards in 5 year increments, so be sure to check your results at the Orca Running tent. We DO NOT MAIL OUT AWARDS after the race, they must be picked up at the race.
All parking is at Juanita Beach Park, in the field across the street, and on neighborhood streets. The earlier you arrive, the closer you will be to the start/finish line so plan ahead!
We have a clear set of policies that we uniformly follow for all races. Entries are not refundable, but you can defer your entry, transfer it to another race, or transfer it to another participant. You can review our full set of policies here.
We have gear check! Please bring your own bag, we will provide a tag for you to attach. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
Super Pacers is providing pacers for the half marathon with the following finish times: 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, and 2:15.
Girls on the Run Puget Sound inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. It is our pleasure to support them via the Mother’s Day Half & 5K.
To pick up your race packet, you have three options:
- Opt to have your race bib mailed to you. This costs $3.00 and can be selected during the registration process.
- Avoid the race morning lines and come to packet pick-up at Road Runner Sports Bellevue on Friday, May 12th from 2pm-6pm.
- Pick up your bib on race morning. Please consult the schedule below for times and plan on long lines.
We have a fun kid’s race! The kid’s race will start at 10:30am and will start and finish at the same locations as the grown-up race. But, it is much shorter. The kid’s race course is approximately 1/2 mile long. Kid’s receive a finishers medal.
6:15am: Packet pick-opens
7:30am: Half Marathon Start
8:00am: 5K Start
8:30am: Beer & Mimosa Garden opens
10:00am: 5K course closes
10:30am: Kid’s Race Start
11:30: Half Marathon course closes
Q: How can I confirm that I am signed up?
The best thing to check first is to look in your email inbox for a confirmation email from RunSignUp for the race in question. You can also look up your registration in your RunSignUp account by logging into your account then go to your “Profile” page where you can view your current registrations under Upcoming Events. Click HERE for more information on accessing a registration in RunSignUp.
Q: How can I confirm what shirt size I ordered?
A: Your t-shirt size that you selected appears on your confirmation email. If you did not receive your confirmation email, try checking your spam folder.
Q: I cannot participate! What are my options?
A: Please check out our refund/transfer policy by clicking here.
Q: I cannot participate, but I would still like to pick up my swag. Can I pick it up?
A: If you do not pick up your swag at the race we can mail it to you for a $7 shipping fee.
Q: Are walkers welcome?
A: Absolutely yes!
Q: Are dogs welcome?
A: No, dogs are not allowed to participate in the Mother’s Day Half & 5K. They are welcome at the start and finish line areas, however.
Q: Are strollers welcome?
A: Strollers are allowed. The parent/guardian who is going to push the stroller should, when registering for the race, indicate as such and agree to abide by our stroller policy, which you can see below:
- I assume responsibility for all risks to the minor participant named below resulting from participation in the Event.
- I certify that the minor participant named below is in proper physical condition to participate in the Event and does not have a condition which would impair the minor participant’s ability to safely participate in the Event.
- If any claim for personal injury, property damage, and/or wrongful death is commenced on behalf of the minor participant named below against the Releasees, I shall defend, indemnify, and save harmless the Releasees from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, damages, judgments, claims, and demands.
- Minor will wear a CPSC certified helmet at all times while participating in the Event.
Q: What time does the course close?
A: The course closes at 11:30am.
Q: Will there be porta-potties at the start/finish? What about out on the course?
A: There will be porta-potties available at the start line and finish line area as well as on the course.
Q: When does online registration close?
A: Online registration will close May 13th at 8pm, or when it sells out.
Q: What/who does this race benefit?
A: The Mother’s Day Half Marathon & 5K is very pleased to be working with Girls on the Run Puget Sound as our official charity partner. A portion of every entry fee will be donated. In addition, runners can choose to make an additional donation to Girls on the Run during the registration process.
Q: Can someone else pick up my packet?
A: Yes, a friend or family member may pick up your packet for you. Please see above for Packet Pickup options.
Q: Can I sign up in person at packet pickup or on race day?
A: Race day registraiton will only be available if the race is not sold out.
Q: Is there gear check?
A: Yes! The race offers a free gear check. Gear check drop is at the start line of each race. It could be a bit chilly and potentially rainy (it is Washington, after all) so the gear check bag is for runners’ warm clothes. Please note, you must bring your own bag for gear check. We do not provide gear check bags.