COVID Vaccination/Testing Policy (King County Locations)
Effective October 25th, King County is requiring that all large outdoor events check the vaccination status or negative test results for all attendees 12 years of age and older.
This means that in order to attend Orca Running events taking place within King County as a participant, spectator, or volunteer, you will be required to present to race staff either verification of full COVID vaccination or negative test results.
For full details on what can be used as proof of vaccination or negative test results, click here for full details from King County. All of our normal policies for deferrals and transfers will still apply. If you no longer want to attend, you will need to pay the normal fees for transfers or a deferral. Click here for full details on policies.
Coronavirus Policies (All Races)
Coronavirus cases are increasing again in our community and across our country. With this increase in new cases and the reinstated Washington State mask mandate, Orca Running will be implementing mask and social distance policies at our events. Help us keep hosting great races where everyone can run safely by following these policies:
- All staff and volunteers will be required to wear a mask when within 6′ of another person.
- All participants must wear a mask in the following situations:
- Before you cross the start line
- After you cross the finish line
- When you are at an aid station
- On shuttle bus (when a shuttle is required for the race:
- Participants are not required to wear a mask in the following situations:
- Running/walking in the race and farther than 6′ from another participant.